Thursday 25 February 2010

Paprika flavoured aubergine slices


I've probably mentioned this elsewhere in this blog but I just LOVE aubergines. Could eat them every day. One of my favourite ways to prepare them is to roast them. And to prevent my taste buds from getting bored, I sprinkled them with Hungarian paprika the other day. Yum!

1-2 aubergines cut into 1 cm thick slices
freshly ground black pepper
sea salt
Hungarian paprika, hot or sweet to taste
extra virgin olive oil

1. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergine slices on both sides until lightly browned, batches if necessary.
2. Transfer the aubergine slices into a roasting tray.
3. Season one side with pepper, salt and a generous amount of paprika. You probably won't have to add any more oil but may lightly brush the aubergins with oil to prevent the paprika from burning.
4. Pllace into a preheated oven and cook for 30-45 minutes at gas mark 7 until the aubergines are golden brown and tender.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I usually use curry powder instead of paprika. They are delicious with fresh tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete